Harry and Meghan humiliated as even woke New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern distances herself from new Netflix documentary - Never spoke to me!

Jacinda Ardern will feature in Harry and Meghan's latest Netflix release 'Live to Lead' which will premiere at the end of this month

Published Last updated

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been left humiliated after Jacinda Ardern issued a statement distancing herself from the couple.

The New Zealand Prime Minister features in Live to Lead, a documentary presented by Harry and Meghan which will air just weeks after the release of their controversial six part series in which they made damning accusations against the monarchy.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been left humiliated after Jacinda Ardern issued a statement distancing herself from the couple.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been left humiliated after Jacinda Ardern issued a statement distancing herself from the couple.

The new project, which will also be released by Netflix, premieres on December 31.

A promotional trailer features footage of Mandela, a human rights stalwart and former president of South Africa, and climate change activist Greta Thunberg.

Arderns’s office were quick to squash any ties with Harry and Meghan, swiftly issuing a statement to address her involvement in the documentary.

It said: “In early March 2019 the prime minister was approached by the Mandela Foundation to participate in a project to develop accessible resources on key attributes of leadership targeted at aspiring young leaders around the world, based off a one-hour interview.

“Originally we were advised the outputs would be printed and digital books, short films and audiobooks.

“The interview was conducted on November 8, 2019. In March 2020 a short book entitled Jacinda Ardern (I Know This to be True) was published based on the interview.”

It continued: “In March 2021 the Nelson Mandela Foundation advised the prime minister’s office they had secured an agreement with Netflix to broadcast the series of interviews, including the 2019 interview with the prime minister.

“In May this year the prime minister’s office was notified that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would introduce the series; noting this was nearly two and a half years after the interview had been recorded and permission for its use by the Mandela Foundation had already been provided.

“All communication throughout has been with the foundation (there has been no communications with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex regarding the project).”

Arderns’s office were quick to squash any ties with Harry and Meghan, swiftly issuing a statement to address her involvement in the documentary.
Arderns’s office were quick to squash any ties with Harry and Meghan, swiftly issuing a statement to address her involvement in the documentary.

Reacting to the statement, GB News’ royal reporter Cameron Walker said it proved the Sussexes’ influence isn’t as strong as it first appeared.

“This is a clear indication that the Prime Minister of New Zealand wants to distance herself from her involvement in the new Netflix series, hosted by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

“Jacinda Ardern's participation appeared controversial, given the fact she was appointed by the Governor-General of New Zealand, on behalf of the late Queen Elizabeth II.

“King Charles III in now the country's Head of State, so diplomatic relations with New Zealand's Prime Minister could have turned sour if she was seen to be colluding with Harry and Meghan who, in turn, accused Buckingham Palace of colluding with the British press. There has been no comment from the Royal Household on this point.

“However, it turns out Jacinda Ardern took part in the interview without any knowledge that Harry and Meghan would be involved at a later stage.

“To me, this suggests New Zealand's Prime Minister has no say in how the footage is being used, despite being more than three years after cameras started to roll.

“Jacinda Ardern was interviewed in November 2019, more than three months before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex stood back as senior working royals.

“Many viewers could be mistaken that the "extraordinary leaders" (including climate activist Great Thunberg) agreed to take part because the series is being fronted by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

“It appears Harry and Meghan's influence and pulling power isn't as strong as it first appeared.”