Prince Harry doesn't want to come to UK without Netflix gang of photographers, royal expert claims
Angela Levin slammed Harry's decision not to attend Prince Philip's memorial service as "a disgrace"
Prince Harry doesn’t want to come to the UK “without a Netflix gang of photographers”, royal biographer Angela Levin has told GB News.
The slam comes as Harry was the only senior member of the Royal Family not in attendance at the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service on Monday.
A spokesman confirmed the decision to remain in California last month. A statement said there were concerns over his safety after his level of security in the UK was reduced.
Speaking on GB News Breakfast with Eamonn and Isabel, Ms Levin said she believes there's a second reason.
Ms Levin added: “I think that there’s another reason. He doesn’t want to come here without a Netflix gang of photographers and people there.
“He needs to make another documentary because they’ve got lots of money and they haven’t really done anything.
"I think that’s what it is, he wants to have that as an excuse.
"He can go around everywhere and do all these things, but you can’t have your royal cake and eat it I'm afraid."
Harry and Meghan signed a reported £112million deal with Netflix in September 2020 to create documentaries.
A similar contract of £18million was signed with Spotify to produce podcasts for the platform in December 2020.
Only one trailer and a 30-minute podcast episode have been released so far.
Ms Levin also argued that Harry's concerns over safety weren't a valid reason to not attend his grandfather's memorial.
Ms Levin said: “There were hundreds of people. People who were involved in the Duke of Edinburgh’s charities, you saw three heirs to the throne, royals from Europe and beyond and yet he felt he wouldn’t be safe.
“It’s absolute nonsense isn’t it? You only had to come from the airport just to where his grandmother was. It’s a disgrace.
“He knows very well that he can't have all the details of MI5 and MI6 anymore because he stepped back from being a working royal."
Among those attending were the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Countess of Wessex, the Princess Royal, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.
Prince George and Princess Charlotte were also present in honour of their great-grandfather – the first time they have attended a major public church service.
The Queen, 95, had been determined to make the appearance at the deeply personal occasion on Tuesday in honour of her “strength and stay” Philip, with her attendance only confirmed the same morning.