Prince Harry could miss Queen's Jubilee celebrations in UK as Duke 'commits to US polo season'

Prince Harry could miss the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations as reports suggest he has committed to play a full season of polo in the US

Published

The Duke of Sussex, who was pictured playing polo in the US just last week, will reportedly play the rest of the season in Santa Barbara, California.

Sussex-friendly reporter Omid Scobie claims Harry has committed to playing alongside his Los Padres teammates, despite the season running across the Bank Holiday weekend.

The Finding Freedom author says Harry, 37, will take part in the Folded Hills Pope Challenge between May 9-15, the Lisle Nixon Cup from May 20-29, and the Cheval Athletics USPA Intra-Circuit which runs from June 3-19.

Doing this could rule him out of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations as the Bank Holiday begins on June 2, running to June 5, and royal appearances are expected throughout this period.

Prince Harry
Prince Harry
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Harry could still return for Trooping the Colour on June 2 but he has given no public indication he will do so and such a turnaround is unlikely, given the need for a transatlantic flight if he wants to return for a tournament the following day.

It comes as a royal commentator claimed Harry and Meghan Markle face a “complete disaster” after Netflix cancelled its development of Pearl, an animated series created by the Duchess of Sussex.

The show, announced last year, was dropped after the streaming giant revealed a sharp fall in subscribers.

The animated series was planned to centre on the adventures of a 12-year-old girl inspired by influential women from history.

Archewell Productions, the company formed by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, will continue to work on other projects with Netflix – including Harry’s Heart of Invictus documentary.

Appearing on Breakfast with Eamonn and Isabel earlier this week, royal commentator Rafe Heydel-Mankoo told GB News: “Well it’s a complete disaster for Harry and Meghan.”

He added: “While Harry’s Invictus documentary is carrying on, there is nothing for Meghan to show for it and it’s really calling into question whether they can walk the walk.

“They’re good at talking the talk. “They signed up to Spotify but have only produced one podcast so far, the Netflix deal has been in place for over a year now and there’s very little to show for it.

“It looks as if, you know, apart from moaning about the royals there’s not much that they’re able to do.”