Prince Charles and Prince William 'absolutely furious' with Prince Andrew for crossing a red line

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York visits the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital to open the new Stanmore Building, in London, Britain March 21, 2019. David Mirzoeff/ Pool via REUTERS/File Photo
FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York visits the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital to open the new Stanmore Building, in London, Britain March 21, 2019. David Mirzoeff/ Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

Prince Andrew's military titles and royal patronages were returned yesterday to the Queen ahead of his potential court case in New York

Published

The Queen, Princes Charles and Prince William were "absolutely furious" with Andrew after he "crossed a red line," an expert has claimed.

Prince Andrew's military titles and royal patronages have been returned yesterday after a face-to-face meeting with the Queen.

The sensational news was announced by Buckingham Palace on Thursday afternoon due to growing fury at the Duke of York's.

The Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Cornwall are believed to have been "furious" with the Duke of York for bringing the Royal Family into disrepute.

Royal biographer Angela Levin told The Sun Online: “If the Queen asked Prince Charles and Prince William they would have been very firm - William and Charles have been absolutely furious with him bringing the Royal Family into disrepute."

"Whatever he may or may not have done he certainly was a friend of Epstein and invited him to parties, royal parties, when they knew he had been accused of having relationships with underage girls.There's no doubt about that."

Angela Levin thinks the Queen would "listen to her aides" before taking her son's military honours away from him, but she noted Her Majesty "also has strong views", so if she "didn’t want to do it, she wouldn’t have done it".

The expert said: "She obviously felt they’d crossed a red line."

The Queen’s move to strip Prince Andrew of his royal patronages has seen him lose his honorary titles at Royal Portrush, Royal Belfast and Royal County Down golf clubs in Northern Ireland.

The decision by the Queen is part of the fallout from the duke’s civil sexual assault case.

The duke is facing a court showdown after a judge ruled on Wednesday that Virginia Giuffre’s lawsuit against him could go ahead.

Among the honorary positions he held in Northern Ireland were patronages of the three prestigious golf clubs.

The royal, 61, vehemently denies any wrongdoing.

Angela Levin added: "I am astonished that the Palace has operated so quickly.

"I think they must be absolutely furious with him - because they haven’t just put aside the HRH title, they have said he’s got to face the case as a private citizen and I think that is capital letters for him as to how he must now behave and take it seriously.

"It's like having cold water thrown in your face to wake you up.

"I also felt the Palace had to act very fast because this anti-monarchy group that’s got former members of the navy and the army writing to the Queen herself saying they don’t want him to carry on being patron."

Buckingham Palace said in a statement yesterday: "With The Queen's approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.

"The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."

GB News has put these allegations to the Palace.