Prince Andrew may not ever be seen at public Royal events again says expert
The Duke of York was at the Queen's side as she attended the memorial of Prince Philip on Tuesday
Royal commentator Dickie Arbiter has told GB News he doesn't expect to see the Duke of York attend public Royal events again, after he accompanied the Queen at the memorial service for Prince Philip on Tuesday.
Mr Arbiter told Colin Brazier: "I doubt we will see him again."
This follows reports in the Daily Mail that Prince Andrew strong-armed Queen Elizabeth II into walking her into Westminster Abbey, in defiance of Prince Charles and Prince William.
Mr Arbiter went on to defend the decision to allow the Duke of York to escort the Queen to the service, saying: "None of the family acknowledged him, I think quite frankly we’ve got to move on.
"The guy was there because it was his Dad's thanksgiving service.
"The fact that he accompanied his mother kind of makes sense because the Queen is frail…"
Clarence House declined to comment on whether the Prince of Wales was supportive of the decision for Andrew to walk alongside her, and Kensington Palace has yet to comment on where the Duke of Cambridge stands on the issue.
The pre-printed order of service set out the royal family’s arrival sequence, with Andrew due to appear at the main entrance with his daughters and their husbands and walk with them to his seat.
Even after the arrangements changed with Andrew travelling from Windsor to London in a car with the Queen, he was then expected to process from Poets’ Corner behind the monarch while she walked alongside the Dean of Westminster, rather than the duke being at his mother’s side.
The disgraced royal just weeks ago paid millions out of court to settle a civil sexual assault case with a woman he said he had never met.
Andrew had been banished from royal life, first bowing out of royal duties in 2019 after his disastrous Newsnight appearance over his friendship with convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
This January, he was stripped of his honorary military titles and patronages by the Queen, and forced to relinquish using his HRH style amid his legal battle.
Virginia Giuffre was suing him for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was 17 after being trafficked by Epstein.
At the time, Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”