Meghan Markle’s half-sister returns to Twitter after claiming she was 'unjustly targeted by bots and trolls'
Samantha Markle has welcomed Elon Musk's takeover, adding she believes it will be a 'historically positive change'
Meghan Markle’s half-sister says she has returned to Twitter after Elon Musk took over the social media giant.
Mr Musk completed his takeover of Twitter before quickly ousting several senior executives in his first move at the top of the company.
And Samantha Markle says she welcomes the Tesla CEO’s takeover, adding she believes it will be a “historically positive change”.
Ms Markle said: “I believe that this will be a historically positive change for our social and economic world.
“I'm glad that Elon Musk is going to save free speech.”
She added: “We can all have our opinions, and disagree. Elon Musk wants to make it fair for both the Right and the Left equally.
“Differing opinions and controversy make people think and grow,” she told Steeple Times.
As a result of Mr Musk’s takeover, Ms Markle said she has now returned to the site after previously being “unjustly targeted and shut down by bots and trolls falsely reporting my account.”
It comes just days after Donald Trump says Twitter is in “sane hands” following Mr Musk’s takeover.
But in a statement, Mr Trump did not say whether he would return to his account on the platform that banned him.
The former US President said he thought his own Truth Social media platform "looks and works better."
"I LOVE TRUTH," Mr Trump wrote in a post on his platform.
Mr Trump was banned from Twitter after the deadly January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol.