Meghan Markle 'cancels TV appearance, postpones podcast release and scraps New York trip'
Meghan Markle has reportedly cancelled several planned appearances in New York following the death of Queen Elizabeth II
The Duchess of Sussex is said to have been scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on September 20.
Alongside Prince Harry, it is believed she was also planning to visit the UN General Assembly in New York that day.
But both scheduled appearances have reportedly been cancelled, as Britain and the world mourns the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
Meghan has also postponed the release of the next episode of her podcast, Archetypes, according to Page Six.
The next episode had been due for release on Tuesday.
As for her appearance with Jimmy Fallon, it is unclear whether she will reschedule.
It remains to be seen whether Meghan plans to remain in the UK for the next 10 days until the funeral.
She may wish to fly back to California to tend to her children, Archie and Lilibet, before returning to Britain for the momentous day.
It comes after Harry made the journey to Balmoral Castle following the death of his grandmother on Thursday.
Reports suggest that the monarch's eldest son – King Charles III – phoned Harry to urge him against bringing his wife.
Harry is said to have been at Frogmore Cottage when he received the call.
And, according to The Sun: "Charles told Harry that it wasn't right or appropriate for Meghan to be in Balmoral at such a deeply sad time.
"It was pointed out to him that Kate was not going and that the numbers really should be limited to the very closest family.
"Charles made it very, very clear Meghan would not be welcome."
A statement from Meghan and Harry's team initially read: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be travelling to Scotland."
Around half an hour later, a spokesman "clarified" that "only the Duke was travelling at the moment".