Meghan Markle and Prince Harry no longer ‘sizzlingly-hot property’ ahead of UK visit, expert claims
Meghan and Harry are set to visit the UK in September for charity events
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are no longer “sizzlingly-hot property’ a royal expert has claimed.
Meghan and Harry stepped down as senior royals in 2020 before moving to the US to live.
Since then they have signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Netflix, with the company’s CEO saying at the time the partnership would yield “some of the most exciting, most viewed content next year”.
But since the deal was signed, royal expert Daniela Elser believes the Duke and Duchess’ popularity has dropped, with the pair struggling for content so far.
Ms Elser said: "At the time the deal was announced, it seemed like the most obvious and logical pairing: Two of the most famous people in the world would worthily churn out documentaries or some such; in return; Netflix got to tout the fact that they had a real-life Duke and Duchess on their books.
"Harry and Meghan would get squillions; the company would reap the rewards of the PR coup of the decade.
"However, the royal duo are not exactly the sizzlingly-hot property they were back then now are they?,” she told News.com.au.
Her comments come as Meghan and Harry are set to visit the UK next month for charity events.
The couple will travel to Manchester for the One Young World Summit on September 5, before heading to Germany for the Invictus Games Dusseldorf 2023 One Year to Go event, and then returning to the UK for the WellChild Awards on September 8.
The visit will be the first time they have been back in the country since the Platinum Jubilee celebrations in early June, to mark the Queen’s 70 years of reign.