Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are 'panicked' and 'at odds' with Netflix after having 'second thoughts' about the tone of their docuseries
Sources claim the Montecito-based couple have requested 'significant edits' to their Netflix series
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are apparently 'at odds' with the production team behind their Netflix series, sparking concerns that the couples 'extensive edits' to the project could see the series being 'shelved indefinitely'.
Multiple sources have told Page Six that that the couple have requested multiple edits to their show, which could delay its release until 2023. A source claims the couple are keen to 'downplay much of what they have said about King Charles III, Queen Consort and the Prince and Princess of Wales'.
The documentary is part of the $100 million deal with the streaming service and was previously expected to be aired in December, just a month after the fifth series of The Crown.
However, sources close to the project now say that: 'Harry and Meghan are panicked about trying to tone down even the most basic language. But it's their story, form their own mouths'.
Another said: 'They've made significant requests to walk back content they themselves provided- to the extent that some Netflix staff believe, if granted, it will effectively shelve the project indefinitely.
The source added that Netflix was 'standing by the filmmakers' and want to keep the project intact, insisting that it will be 'going forward'.
Another Netflix insider said: 'Netflix has been keen to have the show ready for December. There's a lot of pressure on the CEO (Ted Sarandos), who has the relationship with Harry and Meghan to get this show finished'.
This follows reports that Prince Harry is also seeking substantial edits to his forthcoming autobiography as he fears his final draft 'might not go down too well' following the death of the Queen, a source had told the Mail On Sunday.
The memoirs were expected to be released in Autumn as part of an almost £40million three-book title deal he had signed.
His request may be seen as a sign that he is ready to take a more conciliatory approach to the rest of the Royal Family, but could cause problems for his publishers.
'Harry has thrown a spanner in the works,' a source told The Mail on Sunday said. 'He is keen for refinements in the light of the Queen's death, her funeral and his father Charles taking the throne.