Meghan and Harry ‘never reached out to William and Kate’ over UK meet up with Duke of Sussex 'waiting for accountability'
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are currently in Europe as they attend several charity events
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry “never reached out” to Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge about meeting up during their UK visit, a royal expert has claimed.
Meghan and Harry are currently visiting Europe to attend several charity events.
The Sussexes are said to be staying just half a mile apart from William and Kate, but reports have suggested that they have no plans to see each other.
But royal expert and Sussex friendly journalist Omid Scobie has quashed reports that William and Kate had shunned Harry and Meghan.
Mr Scobie said: 'There’s a laughable effort to suggest the [Sussexes] have been shunned, someone familiar with the current family dynamics tells me, adding that Sussexes kept their work-focused itinerary — which saw them in Dusseldorf, Germany, on September 6 for an Invictus Games launch event — as tight as possible so not to be away from their children for too long.
"The true story is, they never reached out to the Cambridges,” he told Yahoo.
While Mr Scobie’s column, citing a family friend of the Sussexes, explained why Harry had not approached his brother.
The family friend said: “People are desperate for steps to be made but behind the scenes there hasn’t been movement.
"What [Harry] is waiting for is accountability.
"Many lines were crossed by William.
"He was at the centre of a number of painful moments, be it the actions of his own staff or turning his back when support was needed.
"It was a dark time and one that, so far, William has been unprepared to unpack."