Kevin Spacey to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court charged with four counts of sexual assault

Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday, charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men
Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday, charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men

The oscar-winning actor will appear in court on Thursday

Published Last updated

Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Thursday, charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men, the Metropolitan Police have said.

The Hollywood actor announced last month that he would "voluntarily appear" in a UK court as he is "confident" he can assert his innocence following sexual assault allegations against him.

In an interview with Good Morning America, the 62-year-old actor said: "I very much appreciate the Crown Prosecution Service’s statement in which they carefully reminded the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair trial, and innocent until proven otherwise.

“While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence".

The actor has been charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men, the Metropolitan Police announced.

He has also been charged with causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.

Spacey, 62, is due to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court at 10am on Thursday, 16 June, the force said.

The charges follow a review by the Crown Prosecution Service of evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police in its investigation.

He has been charged with two counts of sexual assault on a man, who is now in his 40s, in March 2005 in London; sexual assault on a man, who is now in his 30s, in August 2008 in London and a separate count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent on the same man.

He has also been charged with a fourth count of sexual assault on another man, who is now in his 30s, in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.

More to follow...