Homes Under the Hammer star Martin Roberts gives health update after being given 'hours to live'
The Homes Under the Hammer and I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star shocked fans last week with news of his health scare
Homes Under the Hammer star has updated fans on his health condition after being given hours to live.
Martin Roberts has said he has had an emergency operation to remove fluid which was “stopping my heart from working”.
The presenter, who has spent almost a decade at the helm of Homes Under The Hammer, went to hospital with a “few chest pains” and “generally feeling lousy” before discovering it was a lot more serious.
After a fan on Twitter wrote to him, telling him that she was praying for him, Mr Roberts told fans of his current health condition.
He wrote: "Yes still doing lots of tests on my lungs now."
Recording a video from his hospital bedroom last Thursday, Martin, 58, originally revealed the shocking news
He said: “I have to say this isn’t where I was expecting to be watching Homes Under The Hammer today.
“Turns out I had a massive amount of fluid around my heart which was actually stopping my heart from working, and had they not got rid of it, which they did in an emergency operation last night, then it is sort of quite serious, like hours to live.”
The TV star, who appeared on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in 2016, said he ended up in Royal United Hospital in Bath.
“There are lots of complications that have happened as a result, but we will work through those,” he added.
Roberts captioned the Twitter video: “Bit of a shocker. Thankfully I’m here to tell the tale.”